Thursday, October 12, 2006

My face Hurts

I went on a scrapbooking retreat last weekend to only find out I snore. How does one know if you do when you sleep alone, but now that I think about it maybe my dog has been waking me up when he thinks I am not breathing. Since this Spring I have been having breathing issues. I thought all this time it was just allergies. Upon going to an ENT Dr this week, I discovered it is not allergies after all. I am having more serious issues than your common allergy problems. Who know? I have swollen face muscles, swollen sinus cavities, a deviated septum which also can be causing to not be able to breath right, maybe a low grade sinus infection in my sinus cavities, a swollen tongue and back of throat issues. In essence every single cavity in my face is swollen for one reason or another. Who knew? I just thought it was allergies causing me pain and here I may end up having to have yet another face surgery! In ten days I got for a CT scan of my sinus cavities so the Dr can see if he can get to the root of my problems, and since I am having TMJ joint issues I have to start wearing my night guard every night now since over the last 20 years I have had bones grow in my bottom of my pallet. Again, who knew? I go back to the Dr in 2 weeks and hopefully I will find out then what all is going on in my face. I just want my face to feel better, and I do not want to snore anymore!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh, wow, V! Hope things are resolved soon. My middle DD has her tonsils and adenoids out and it relieved her night time breathing and snoring issues completely.

Kimberly Kwan said...

bummer!
that SUX!
i am also a chronic swollen/infected sinus gal...no fun AT ALL!
and yes, i apparently also snore, but am in MAJOR denial about it! ;-)