Saturday, March 15, 2008

I was Tagged - 7 Random Thing About Me

Ever since Heather Ales tagged me, I have been racking my brain trying to come up with 7 random facts about me that I have not already shared. So here goes....

1) I have more coffee cups than I should for someone that doesn't drink a lot of coffee. I love coffee cups and every year buy a new Christmas one. I have two shelves full of just coffee cups. I recently splurged and bought 2 more from here. One with a "V" and one with a "B". I wanted one for my mom to be able to use when she comes over, but I couldn't get 2 "V"'s so I got a "B" for our last name.

2) My mom's name also starts with a "V" and it is also an unusual "V" name. Her name is Velta. I fi eve rget married and/or am blessed to become a mom of a daughter, I also want to name her with a name that starts with a "V".

3) I have a coffee maker with a built in espresso maker that I have never used. In fact last year when I went to try and make espresso for the first time ever with it the dang thing didn't work. It also has a milk steamer on it that I have never been able make work either. It worked, I just couldn't ever figure out to steam milk properly. I actually can't make a good pot of coffee maybe that is why I do not drink it much at home. I drink one 8 oz cup of coffee, if that much, 5 days a week at work. We have those one cup at a time machines at work. LOVE IT! I want one for home.

4) I like Pecan Pie just without the Pecans in it. LOL. I know I know. I love the filling and the crust, aren't those the best parts anyway? I have tried and tried to eat Pecans I just don't like the texture.

5) I also do not like anything with that shredded plastic tasting coconut in it. I just can't do it. I only eat fresh coconut right out of the shell. Goes back to those 3 years I lived in Hawaii as a kid where we ate fresh coconut right out of the shell.

6) My very first job was making leis in Hawaii at age 10. In Hawaii we lived in Navy housing right off the navy base well the base housing was full of Plumeria trees and since the trees were on government property no one could tell me I couldn't climb the tree in their yard since it wasn't really their yard in the first place! At some point I started picking the flowers from the trees and making leis, before I knew it neighbors were paying me to make leis for their visiting friends and family. Sometimes they gave me additional flowers to add to the plumeria flowers I picked to add to the leis I made. I am pretty sure my price was cheaper than the airport's price.

7) I graduated at age 17 and I didn't get my first "real" job until I was a senior in high school. I just didn't have time for a job. I wanted the spending money but my desire to spend all my free time after school doing theatre just prohibited me from having a part time after school job until the very end of my senior year in high school. I got a job at Cloth World, which later became JoAnn's. After just a year working there I was given keys to the store and to the store's safe to lock the store up at night. I was just 17 and in charge at night. There were older ladies there but I was left in charge by the manager to close up at night. And come to think of it even back then I was a buyer. I used to buy the notions for the store. I would place and order for items that were out of stock but also would determine when something was running low if we needed to restock it or not based on how well and how fast it had sold in the store.

Ok so I think I was finally able to come up with 7 random facts about myself. I had the first two before I started typing and the rest came as I typed this. Funny how that works!

1 comment:

Shannon (Faith and Chocolate) said...

I kinda like these "tags", I like finding our more about my blogging friends... feels like we've known each other longer than we really have! I love that you lived in Hawaii and made leis! That's soooo cool! ;)
Shan