Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Busy April!

I can't believe it is April already. I have been in my house almost 3 months now! Wow how time flies! I have been busy doing all sorts of house work. Painting my guest bathroom, recovering my couch, planting plants, decorating my kitchen, buying all sorts of needed and required items very new home owner must have, like water hoses, weed killer, and trees to plant in my barren back yard! I have nearly completed recovering my oversized couch and it look great I must add, and will be gorgeous when I am finished with it next week. I have spent money I do not have and need to now regroup and finish all the projects I am in the middle of doing. I have also started working on the bedskirt for my new bedding ensemble. Yes, I am sewing everything from the shams, bedskirt, douvet cover, and curtains myself. It is going to be a gorgeous dramatic red, gold and black room when I am done with it all.

But this weekend I am off to southern Louisiana to celebrate my Aunt and Uncle's 50th Wedding Anniversary! I am going to spending lots of money in gas since it is nearly gasp $3.00 a gallon.
Which will make this one heck of an expensive birthday party! The cake and punch they are serving better be pretty darn good! I really do not want to go and I figured out why.

I have a very large family in Louisiana. Lots of Aunts and Uncles. The drive to LA is approx 6 1/2 hours. Not too bad really, Pretty much a straight highway drive there. But looking back I can't recall that many family visits my relative have made to Texas to visit me and my family. It seems like we always have to be the ones to drive there for anything and everything if we want to see them. And every time I go I have to burn up at least one or more vacation days to make it a worth while trip. Looking back my relatives have rarely visited us let alone us up vacations to do it. No instead they go on real vacations with their days off, so why in the heck do I care to go see them any more. They so obviously can care less to come see me or my family in Texas. Now that I have my house and spare rooms and beds, someone better come to see me often or otherwise I am pretty done with spending my vacations in Louisiana visiting family. I would much rather spend my days off with friends in other parts of the country! Why are they so fickle? Why do they get their feelings hurt when we don't want to go see them? Hell this party was not even planned around a time for any of us to go! They planned this party on a Sunday afternoon so even if my brother and his wife could go they can't because there would not be time to get back for Josie to go to school on Monday. Hello can you say out of town guest's! Think of us sometime! Let alone if we wanted to fly we couldn't because once again no thought was taking in account for my family in Texas to plan an airflight because we got the invitation right at 2 weeks before the event. Now why do you do this? Why get your feelings hurt if my family can't go or doesn't want to go when you didn't take in account for us having to travel to get there in the time frame in which you plan this event? The more I think about this the more I do not want to go! UGH! So we shall see if this is the last time I will be going to Louisiana or not.

So you can see I would much rather be spending my weekend at my own house preparing for my out of town guest than going out of town.

OK, I promise I will post pictures of the inside of my house next week. But oh well who reads this anyway?

No comments: