Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Look what I Bought while in Louisiana


OK so I had a great time in Louisiana at my Aunt and Uncle's 50th wedding anniversary. They were so cute as they renewed their vows. I got to see lots of relatives and see all the new babies my cousin's have had over the last 9 months.
But on my way home Monday we stopped at a plant nursery in Lafeyette Lousisana. Kind of delayed out leaving a bit but it was well worth it. I bought this cute little flowering bush for my front garden. It is called butterfly bush and is sopposed to attract butterfly's as well as look like them. It is such a darling little flower don't you agree. I checked and it is even drought tolerant. I may have to cut it down in the winter and cover it up but if I can get it to grow it will be well worth it. It is a
Clerodendrum UgandenseClerodendrum myricoides 'Ugandense', C. ugandenseFamily:
VerbenaceaeButterfly Clerodendrum,
Blue glory bowerOrigin: Africa
You can learn more about it here.
http://www.arghyagardens.com/clerodendrumblue.htm

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Pretty photo! I have a butterfly bush in my garden too. Funny thing is, the flowers are completely different, but then again, my "garden zone is waaaaaay different than yours!"
I TAGGED you in my blog.