Monday, July 30, 2007

I take Heather Ales Challenge

Another Silver Bella, Heather Ales, posted a fun tag and I decided to take her up on it. So below are my answers to her fun tag post.

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE: Yes, I get asked this question often. My easy answer is my dad didn’t understand my Mom’s name when he met her. The long answer I was named after my Mom after my Dad’s mistake. My Dad misunderstood what my mom’s name was when he was introduced to her while he was on Military Patrol at a dairy festival in Louisiana. When he called to ask her out on a date he asked for Va-lee-ta instead of Velta Lee. He inverted the “Lee” from her middle name and the “ta” from her first name. Of course one of my Mom’s 7 sister’s answered the phone when he called asking for “Va-lee-ta” and this Aunt gave my dad a hard time until she admitted he had the right house and just asked for my mom by a wrong name. My Mom liked the name so much she decided if she married him and she ever had a girl her first daughter would be named this name, she just had to figure out a way to spell it. So I was born the year of the original version of the movie “Lolita”. I only recently had to explain to my Mom what the movie Lolita was about. LOL. But she liked the way it was spelled and to the “lita” part to come up with my name Valita. So I am named after my mom by my dad’s mistake. LOL.

2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? Last week. I was just frustrated about something. My feelings were hurt. I really do not cry that often these days.

3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Printed yes, script no.

4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE LUNCH MEAT? Ok I know I will get some groans here but I have to be honest it is SPAM. I think it comes from the 3 years I spent in Hawaii as a child. They eat Spam with everything there. My favorite was a recipe for spam wontons by brother brought home from school when we lived there. I just wish I could find that recipe somewhere at my Mom’s house.

5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? No. I want one or two and would love to meet my Mr. Right and start a family soon, but I am thinking of other options as a single woman to still become a Mom. I would adopt in a heart beat if it wasn’t so expensive.

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I would certainly hope so.

7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? It is a genetic trait in my family. If you do not use it you will go down in flames at any family reunion or family get together.

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes, but with the way they have been feeling over the last year I wish I didn’t still have them. One is hurting right now and has been for a month or so. It pretty much stays inflamed.

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? No. I do not think I will. I do not consider myself a fearful person but I will take a pass on bungee jumping.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE CEREAL? Special K with yogurt and strawberries, but I still love me some Captain Crunch plain and Peanut Butter dry as a splurge on occasion.

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Nope. I am a lazy tier. I think that is why I buy slip on sneakers now I think.

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Yes, I think working in a predominately male environment for the last 7 years sure has helped and I have a very strong Mother. She had to become strong since she spent many of her married years alone taking care of the house while my Dad was out to sea and then my Dad passed away when I was 18 years old. She had made me very strong. Maybe that is why I am still single?

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE ICE CREAM? White Chocolate with Almonds is my favorite but I can’t seem to find it anywhere anymore. Blue Bell used to sale it. Blueberry is also my favorite.

14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? If they have strong eyes. Do they look people me the eyes when they speak to me or do they look all around while they talk to me.

15. RED OR PINK? Pink, but my bedroom is red and gold right now.

16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVOURITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? Being Overweight.

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My Dad. He passed away when I was 18 while I was still at that age where he and I just didn’t get each other. As an adult it would be so different between us now. I sure would like to see him play with my niece and nephew. I see a lot of my dad in my brother and how my brother interacts with his children.

18. WHAT COLOUR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? None, I am in bed right now.

19. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? Ramen Noodle Soup with yes Spam and green onions in it. Again back from my days living in Hawaii.

20. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Whoever is singing on Jay Leno.

21 IF YOU WHERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOUR WOULD YOU BE? Funny you ask this because I was just staring at the box of 120 crayons at Wal-mart last Friday trying to come up with a reason to buy a box. I just felt like I needed an excuse. Funny Huh. I just love Crayons. Purple Heart or Vivid Violet. Check this site out for cool information about Crayon names - http://www.crayola.com/colorcensus/history/chronology.cfm

22. FAVOURITE SMELLS? Plumaria. It reminds me of living in Hawaii and the years I spent climbing the Plumaria trees, picking the flowers to make and sale leis to people on the Navy Base. Honey suckle and the ocean. I love the smell of he beach and the salt air.

23. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? A guy from work who won’t be a co worker much longer.

24. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? I haven’t met her in person yet but I can’t wait until I do in November or sooner hopefully.

25. FAVOURITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Ice Skating if that is really a sport if not Football.

26. HAIR COLOUR? brown

27. EYE COLOUR? All Colors as my Doctors have said I have every color in the rainbow in my eye but they are mostly blue green and change so some days they look grey, some days aqua blue, and some days bright green,

28. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Yes, most of the time.

29. FAVOURITE FOOD? Mexican, Sushi, Seafood and Cajun food only the way one of my Aunt’s or Mom makes it. Good ole fashioned true Cajun food, not like in these restaurants.

30. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Romantic Happy Endings

31. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? I think it was called I wed, me on Lifetime. It was a cute romantic movie with of course a Happy Ending

32. WHAT COLOUR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? White

33. SUMMER OR WINTER? Both but if I lived near the ocean beach again it would be summer all the way.

34. HUGS OR KISSES? If it is someone I really love kisses all the way.

35. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? The Lipstick Jungle which I have heard will be made into a series this fall.

36. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Dell Logo. Came free with the pc at work. I do not need one at home.

37. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON T.V. LAST NIGHT? All I remember is Design Star on HGTV.

38. FAVOURITE SOUND? Laughter

39. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Beatles, the old days

40. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? St Petersburg Russia years ago

41. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Cajun Country, LA 42. WHAT SUPERPOWER WOULD YOU LIKE? To be able to fly. I would fly to the beach daily.


No comments: