Friday, August 24, 2007

Happy Friday!

What a week. It started off very badly. I am still sad thinking about my sweet Hope. I sometimes still think I hear here meowing but I know she is not here. She was my most vocal cat. Pretty much unless my cats are in distress from the dog chasing them or trying to play with one of them they never meow. I guess that must mean they are 2 happy and content cats.

I am busy planning a party at work for 250 to 260 employee's. I have never planned a party all by myself for this many people. My companies CEO has challenged the MFG group, my group, to host a company wide "social event". Instead of 1 large party a year, usually a Christmas party, we are going to have 6 "social" events a year. Each department throughout the company will host one of the parties. The only requirement is that the CEO picks the date and time and it has to be on site after work. At least that is the requirement right now. We were challenged by our CEO one night about two weeks ago when he took the entire MFG team out to dinner to host the event. We were challenged to have a creative event and to think outside of the box, and well since I am one of only 4 woman in my group and the one with the creative background guess what? Yep, I am planning it all. Luckily the Men I work with have come up with a few ideas but they are not acting on them. Now I am placing them in charge of the drinks aka alcohal. The guys came up with the basic concept for the party and I took it and ran with it. I am trying to push it one notch past what everyone else would do. I want the WOW factor! I want my CEO to know that I can think outside of the box and save money as well as host a fabulous party that may one up our sales and marketing team! I can't say what sort of party it is because part of it is going to be a surprise for the employees. I am just wrestling with what sort of give away to hand out to all of the employees. I thought of T-shirts, but that is ordinary. I want something smart and cool and I need something under $5.00 each since we have 250 to 275 employees.


On another note I have had a sore throat all summer I think. I just realized it. I have this slow drip at the back of my throat and one of my tonsils has stayed swollen all summer. I know it is allergy related. I guess I just thought the Allegra D would work but it hasn't. I am going to make an appt next week to go back to the ENT Dr. I really need to have my tonsils taken out, but I am just to old so I have to suffer with sore throats until I die I think. I just do not understand why I have had this lingering sore throat all summer. I was told the only allergies I have are to cats, dust, and a slight allergy to dairy products. I have reduced my cat count by 2 this summer, not by choice it just happened or needed to happen, and I haven't had much dairy lately. I do not have much carpeting in my house and that's helped my allergies. I used to have Asthma attacks on a regular basis and now I can not tell you that last time I had an asthma attack so why I have a sore throat is beyond me.

I have gotten creative lately. I am hoping to have some things to sale on either E-bay or etsy or both soon. I hope to get some items up on Etsy this coming Monday. A few will be Halloween related. Then I have some scrapbooking/collage items that started out as belt related items but they transfer so well over to collage and scrapbooking. I just have so many and it doesn't make since for me to keep them all to myself, so I will be sharing very soon.

Stayed tune. I will have some sneak peaks this weekend. All I can say is I am having lots of fun making them.

No comments: