Thursday, August 28, 2008

Dentist and Gustav

I went to the Dentist this week to have him remove all of the old silver fillings from my youth and replace them with the new porcelain white ones. We did the hardest side first and days later my face muscles and teeth still hurt so the for the first time in my life I was scared to go again and have him work on the other side. Now mind you he only had 2 to replace on the second side and a receding gum line ridge to fill in, but I was going to give it a try. Low and behold as some point when the huge needle was being slowly injected into my check I could have sworn he stuck an electric current in my face. I have never felt this in my life! After that I wanted to leave, but then he asked if I wanted the gas. Heck yea! Give me the gas please!

Boy does that stuff make you think funny things. My mind wondered off to various places a few times. By the time I was feeling really good he was done. So I am home now with two sides of my face that hurt from muscle spasms. I have TMJ issues and have already had 2 TMJ surgeries in my life so I am sure part of the pain is due to the muscle spams and not really the Dr's fault at all. My jar will start shivering whenever it gets cold, so bring on the meds. Luckily I have some left over from my foot surgery.

On another note Gustav, the storm, may be headed my families way in southern Louisiana, so I have already gotten the call from one cousin saying she is getting out before they tell them to leave. She's coming with her son and two doggies to stay with me and her mom and dad, My Aunt and Uncle will be staying at my Mom's home. Even if the storm doesn't hit Louisiana she said she's still coming. Right now it looks like it will be a hit to her city. I guess after Rita she decided she was not riding this one out. She actually experineced quite a bit of damage to her home from Rita. We are all tracking Gustav now and who knows it may be a mini Vaughan family reunion around here this weekend. I pray my other Aunt's, Uncle's and cousins get out as well if it does head there way.

I have been cleaning my craft room and my spare room. Well moving furniture around in the spare room. It is pretty clean. Now I have to get moving on the cleaning in the craft room, so I can set up a bed in my craft room. I guess it takes a storm to make me clean my craft room. LOL.

1 comment:

Heather Ales said...

I hate the dentist! It sounds like you had a DOOZY of a visit and you didn't even say anything to me! What's the dealio? :) Hope you're feeling better!