Saturday, September 20, 2008

Pretty In Pink & Long Week




So first off it was a long week for me. Work was different. Our company announced an acquisition, which I think is a great move. Hopefully one that will lead us to go IPO next year. At least I can hope right, but who knows. I enjoy working for the company and that is what matters to me. if I am going to spend 40 hours week at a place I need to enjoy it and I do.




This week we have our first annual Wellness fair, so I guess it is seriously time for me to lose some weight instead of continuing to gain it as I have done this year. I mean I can't really be on a Wellness Committee if I don't work on my fitness right? And I want to get into better shape so maybe this is the kick in the but I needed. I do have to admit having foot surgery this year really set me back. After all these months I am still in the recovery stage. I had the surgery in Jan then had to stay off of it for 8 to 12 weeks, still had issues with it after being on it all day at work so I came home and did nothing by the time I was feeling better and ready to work it was the long hot Texas summer. Now that it is almost Fall and cooling off I am going to get off my tuff and start losing weight and getting into shape. I have to! As the song goes I am too young to feel this d%$&M old! LOL.




On another note my company went through a small lay off. It was not fun to say the least. My group lost two great guys and I was very sad to see them go. I will miss them a lot. They kept us all laughing. Then later in the week we lost two more people in our dept who worked on the back dock. That one was a shock for all us but one that was needed. Let's just say they won't be getting a good reference from their manager, my Director after what they pulled. I like to think what goes around comes around and sometimes nice people do really stupid stuff. I am hoping my job will be easier now and maybe we won't have some of the issues we have had for years once we get some new people hired. I have a strong feeling more changes are coming. It's just a hunch.




This is a picture of a pretty pink rose I picked from my garden. I planted this rose bush last summer and this is the first bloom on it of this size and I love it! And the smell! Ahhh. It is an heirloom rose bush and I bought it for it large fragrant repeat blooms. The red roses in the pic are also from my garden.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Valita - I so understand foot surgery and weight gain and hot texas summers. I had a knee replacement last year and was walking a whole lot sooner than 10 years ago when I had foot surgery. Just stopped by to say hi and I'll see you in Waxahatchie next weekend. :)Nancy

Kara Ward said...

I can smell them...oh, are they pretty. I am in the same tired of my clothes not fitting boat. I need to just suck it up and head back to weight watchers. YUCK. I hope your job works out. I watch my little company consalidate and lose their inside sales and marketing team. It was horrible. Take care and I can't wait until bella time. Kara

Linda Jo said...

Hey...love the new look of your blog!!

Maija said...

Gorgeous flowers Valita!!!
I hope work makes you happy!

Anonymous said...

ohh lala look how pretty the roses are soo big and colorful!! I just wanted to come by and tell you thank you for coming to my blog and giving me love and support when i needed it most!!! BIG HUGS

toodles-
sarah