Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Something Creative





I broke down this past weekend and worked on something creative. No I didn't scrap any LO's but I did modge podge a box I bought with scrapbook papers to go in my bedroom under my vanity. I bought a 1920's vanity right before I moved in and I just adore it. I need to refinish it later because whomever painted it black didn't do a good job, but the vanity has "good bones" . I love the gold accent urns on the corners of it especially since I want to go with a renaissance, Italian look in my bedroom. Passionate red, glorious gold and midnight black are the colors I am going with. I want a dramatic look after going all green and Grecian or turquoise and airy for a while. I think red, black and gold is pretty darn dramatic for a bedroom.

So I was out shopping with my cousin last weekend and spotted some cute hat type boxes that would go in my room, the problem was they were pretty expensive. So I decided I could buy a cheaper box, and modge podge the heck out of it to make it match my bedroom. The odds were I had scrapping paper at home to match already. I did!
I wanted the box to store my hot rollers in under my vanity. I didn't like the look of leaving them out on the vanity all the time and I have little storage in my bathroom, so a box underneath the vanity it would be.
Here it is! That is my inspiration picture. Funny when I bought it I bought it to go in my scrap/sewing room, but that room has taken on a whole different look now.

So at last I did something creative! Now to get the douvet cover, pillow shams and curtains made for my bedroom. The dust ruffle is almost dome! I will start with douvet this weekend.

See the chair at my vanity. That was one of my deals of the day. It was marked $300 originally and I got it for $70.00! It matches perfectly with all the fabric I had bought for my bedroom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really, really cool! Your house is coming together so BEAUTIFULLY!