Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Just Another Wednesday

I have been crafting or creating. I just keep forgetting to upload the photos here. I went to upload photos yesterday and my camera battery was dead so maybe I will get to it tonight. I have been sick since July 30th so I pulled out all of beads and findings to make jewelry. So each night I have been working on a few pieces for myself while I sit on the couch trying to recover from work and this crazy sinus infection and sever asthma attacks I keep having.

I started out with allergy problems, sore throat and all that stuffy head gunk. I made an appt to get in with my ENT but they could not see me for 2 weeks so my appt was not until August 5th. By then I had a full blown sinus infection and little did I know my asthma came back. I have not had an asthma attack in 3 plus years. as a kid I had them all the time. Started out as sinus infections, then asthma and sometimes then turning into pneumonia with a trip to the ER if not a stay in the hospital. I know what asthma attacks feel like but this so didn't feel like it, but I got hooked up to the nebulizer anyway and sent home with antibiotics for the sinus infection . It helped but I never got completely well. Last Thursday I was at work and could not stop coughing. With every breath i took i coughed. I finally told my manager I was going to the Dr and lucky for me my family Dr could see me at once. When I got there I was able to calm down my breathing to stop coughing a bit in the waiting room, but once I walked to the back that was it. I started breathing treatments but still kept coughing. Just in case my Dr. sent me to the hospital in another city for chest xrays and would call me that night to tell me what the next course of action would be. Xrays came out clear, no pneumonia or scar tissue build up just asthma so she called in some stronger meds and steroids. I am still coughing, darn asthma. Darn the ENT for not taking having emergency appts for cases like mine. I am still wheezy and hate not feeling like I can't get a breathe of fresh air. I am hoping this rain we are getting washes the pollution out of the air. That would help me out a lot. In the very least my yard and gardens are loving it.

So after getting home from work I am tired from trying to breath all day so I sit on the couch and work on jewelry pieces. The nice thing about making your own pieces is that if you want to change it later you can. I am bad. I make some pieces to wear with a specific outfit and then when I am done with that outfit and I don't have anything else to wear the pieces with, I take them a part and they become something else. Anyone else out there do that?

As for my Garden, why is it that seeds and plants you plan out you can't get to grow but when you just toss the seeds in the ground they grow and thrive!
I got lazy this year and bought lots of veggie seeds but never made it around to planting them. I accidentally left them outside in the rain in the early summer and the paper packages were all wet, some even looked like the seeds were starting to open so I just shucked them in my flower garden. I tossed out watermelon, cucumber, squash and tomato seeds. I also planted two tomato plants. All during June, July and August, I have watched them survive, barely. they all nearly died a few times, but somehow I kept watering them hoping maybe I would get some veggies. Nothing all summer, but yesterday I wondering out in the wet grass to take a closer look and low and behold I have veggies! I found two good size watermelons growing and the pant full of flowers so who knows I could get more. Then since I tossed all of the other seed together they look like one big bunch of plants that I have to dig through to see what I have and I found the most perfect cucumber! I picked it right away, in fear it wouldn't bet there tomorrow. LOL. I have watched this cucumber plant get some growth on them and then all die because of the heat so it was a nice surprise to find a nice size cucumber and see lots and lots of little baby green cucumbers growing. As long as the over 100 degree weather does not come back I am golden! I went straight in side and devoured my tasty home grown full size cucumber and it was delicious! Added little salt and it was gone in no time. Oh I can't wait to find more! Now if I can get the tomato plants to do the same. I do have squash growing and jalapenos. So next year I am doing the same, just tossing seeds in the ground when I can in the spring and whatever happens happens. No more planning or starting the seeds inside and transplanting for me. This way has been more fun and less stressfull.

No comments: