Tuesday, September 09, 2008

I've Been Creative

Below are some Necklaces I have made for myself recently. The top one is one I wore to work today. I tend to design my necklaces around the clothes in my closet. This necklace started out as another piece all together that I never wore, but now I really like it. I think I need to add some Silver Black to the center piece to make the flower metal finding not so silver in color. What do you think?

The second necklace was another piece I took apart and redesigned. I wore it yesterday but it still needs some tweaking. The little metal pieces with the cabochons flip over sometimes, so I need to figure out a way to get them to stop doing that. The bottom is made of small special metal findings with black cabochons and black jet beads. About 18 years ago I bought some broken 1920's necklaces dirt cheap at a vintage store and have used them sparingly over the years. Then again who knew it would be the in thing now to buy broken necklaces and redesign them into new pieces.

3 comments:

Shannon (Faith and Chocolate) said...

OOoooooo! I likey, likey! Those are gorgeous necklaces, Valita!
And you found a name for your blog!!! And I love it! Vintage V's... you are so lucky to have the name Valita and do that! LOL ;) And I like the look of your blog, as well... ;)
Hugs,
Shan

Heidi said...

Hi Valita! Love your necklaces, very charming! I love what you just posted on the Silver Bella Yahoo group...I'll be a "freshman" this year and hope to have the same experience you did last year as a freshman!
*Heidi*

Maija said...

Wow, Valita! They are both beautiful!!